April 27, 2012

NEEDTOBREATHE & BEN RECTOR!

If you know me, you know I spend a significant amount of time planning the next concert I'm going to, and this one was no different!  I actually saw it on Needtobreathe's tour calendar before I moved back to Raleigh, and I immediately put the ticket sale date on my calendar!

I actually saw them for the first time at Cat's Cradle in 2010, shortly before I moved to DC, and they were amazing!  They had Matt Hires and Will Hoge with them, though, way before I knew about Ben Rector.

Last night, I met up with my sister and with Danielle and some of her friends at Poole's Diner in Downtown Raleigh before the concert, and the food was delicious!  I had heard it was worth trying, but I had never been.  I definitely recommend it!  Leanna and I shared an open-faced burger that was SO good!

Our friends, Whitney and Lauren, and a couple of their friends met us for the concert, so it was wonderful to see them!  And, for the record, Raleigh Memorial Auditorium is a MUCH more comfortable place to see a concert than Cat's Cradle... so much space to move around and sit your heiny down if you need to!


And I actually saw Ben for the first time last year at Jammin' Java in DC, so Molly and I got to meet him!


He's super nice and also happens to be friends with one of the girls we met in Times Square on New Year's Eve 2010.  Small world!

After he finished being awesome, Needtobreathe came out and played a BUNCH of new songs from their new album!  In case you haven't heard them before, they're sort of country/rock/Christian, but they're not a worship band.  Lots of their songs have theology kinda woven in, but you don't hear it unless you're listening for it.

Here's one of my favorites of theirs:





They always end with an amazing acoustic song, no matter how big the audience is.  No microphones, just them.  The audience is always super quiet, and it's one of the best ways to end a show that I've ever seen.


I always forget which places will let you bring fancy cameras and which won't, so I took all these on my iPhone.  I need a cheat sheet so I know when they're gonna check my bag!  I totally could have photographed their nose hairs with my mamma jamma camera.  Oh well.

If you get a chance to see either Ben Rector or Needtobreathe, GO!  Your face will be melted.

No comments: